Our school kitchen is managed by HC3S.
HC3S is the largest provider of school meals in Hampshire, supplying hot and cold nutritional meals to 445 primary schools across the county. Everything is cooked in our own kitchen to the highest possible standards.
All pupils in Year R, 1 and 2 are entitled to receive a free school meal each day under the government's Universal Infant Free School Meal programme. Meal choices can be made during registration.
IMPORTANT: If you are in receipt of certain benefits the school may qualify for extra funding to support your child's learning. Please see the section below on Pupil Premium Funding
To see the latest primary school menus please click here.
HC3S can provide special diets for pupils with allergies and intolerances who want to have a school meal.
Special diets are provided for pupils with a medical problem, not just a dislike of certain food.
Free School Meals Eligibility in other years and pupil premium funding
Free school meals beyond year 2 are available only to children whose parents/guardians are in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers’ Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit, and have an annual gross income, of no more than £16,190 as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs
No other benefits qualify for free school meals.
Applying for free school meals
It is important to apply for free school meals even if your child is in Year R, 1 or 2. This is because the school will receive extra funding to support your child/children. There is an online service, where you can check your own eligibility for free school meals beyond Year 2, or you can check on behalf of someone else.
To complete a check you will need the following information for yourself, or the person you are checking on behalf of:
- Name, home address and email address
- National Insurance Number or National Asylum Support Service reference number
- Child’s name, date of birth and school